||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detours at City College Due to Construction Activity from Monday, August 3 through Monday, August 24 in the Bus Loop
Due to construction work at City College, 24th Street will be closed. The bus loop and access north of the bus loop will be closed to vehicle traffic from 24th Street to the City College parking structure for approximately two weeks. Pedestrian traffic will be rerouted via ADA compliant temporary ramps during the construction.
- Detour on Route 38 on Saturday, August 1, 2015, from 6 p.m. to Midnight Due to the Lunar Lunacy Event in Downtown Sacramento
The Lunar Lunacy event will cause street closures on 10th Street between L and N streets. During the detour, Route 38 (to University/65th Street) will detour via 5th Street; right on X Street, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street from 6 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. Route 38 (to University/65th Street) will detour via 5th Street; right on N Street, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street from 11:15 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Detour on Route 26 on Saturday, August 1, 2015, from 3:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Due to the California Automobile Museum's 7th Annual Car Cruise & Show
The annual California Automobile Museum Car Cruise will cause street closures on Fulton Avenue between El Camino Avenue and Marconi Avenue.
Route 26 (northbound) will detour via: Fulton Avenue; right on El Camino Avenue, left on Morse Avenue, left on Marconi Avenue and right on Fulton Avenue.
Route 26 (northbound) 4:14 p.m. trip will detour via: Munroe Street; right on Fair Oaks Boulevard, left on Morse Avenue, right on Cottage Way, left on Butano Way, left on Watt Avenue, left on El Camino Avenue, right on Morse Avenue, left on Marconi Avenue and right on Fulton Avenue.
Route 26 (southbound) will detour via: Fulton Avenue; left on Marconi Avenue, right on Morse Avenue, right on El Camino Avenue and left on Fulton Avenue.
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86, and 88 on Friday, July 31, 2015, Between 7 a.m. and noon. Due to the Color Run in Downtown Sacramento
On Friday, July 31, Capitol Mall between 3rd and 7th streets will be closed for the set-up of the Color Run. During the closure, Routes 11 (inbound), 62 (inbound), 86 (outbound) and 88 (outbound) will detour via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street and left on L Street.
Route 30 (inbound) will detour via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street.
Route 38 (to River Oaks) will detour via Capitol Mall, left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and left on 3rd Street.
- Effective July 15, 2015, the RT bus stop located at southbound Watt Avenue and Chenu Avenue will be closed intermittently on weekdays due to construction work for two months. Passengers will need to board buses at El Camino or Marconi Avenue instead.
- A Portion of Roseville Road Over Arcade Creek will be Closed from May 2015 through December 2015 Due to the City of Sacramento's Bridge Replacement Project
Roseville Road, including approximately one half mile north of the intersection of Connie Way, will be closed to all thru traffic. RT's park-and-ride lots will be open, but the bridge construction may cause traffic issues getting to the entrances. For detours and maps, visit: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/engineering-services/projects/current-projects/roseville-rd-bridge
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday through September 24, 2015, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Effective Monday, March 9, 2015 for Approximately Six Weeks, 5th Street between J and L Streets will be Closed Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Due to Construction. During the Closure, Routes 30 and 38 Will be Detoured
Construction activities related to the downtown Entertainment and Sports Center will require a complete closure of 5th Street between J and L streets every weekday evening from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. During the closure, Route 30 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street, right on J Street and left on 5th Street. Route 38 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street. No bus stops will be missed.
- Effective Monday, February 9 at 7 a.m. for Several Weeks, There will be Detours on Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 in Downtown Sacramento Due to Construction Activity on 7th Street
7th Street between J Street and Capitol Mall will be closed for approximately two weeks due to a sewer pipe replacement project. During the closure, Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 will detour via 7th Street; left on H Street, right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 15 will detour via J Street; right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 29 will detour via I Street; left on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or