||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 21, 23, 26 and 56 on Saturday, July 4, 2015, Between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Due to 4th of July Parades
Road closures on Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day) will cause the following bus detours:
Route 21 (inbound) will detour via Coloma Road; left on McGregor Drive, right on Zinfandel Drive and right on Folsom Boulevard. Route 21 (outbound) will detour via: Folsom Boulevard; left on Zinfandel Drive, left on McGregor Drive and right on Coloma Road.
Route 23 (inbound) will detour via Fair Oaks Boulevard; left on California Avenue and right on Van Alstine Avenue. Route 23 (outbound) will detour via El Camino Avenue (turns in to Van Alstine Avenue); left on California Avenue and right on Fair Oaks Boulevard.
Route 23 (inbound) will detour via El Camino Avenue; right on Watt Avenue, left on Marconi Avenue, left on Bell Street and right on El Camino Avenue. Route 23 (outbound) will detour via El Camino Avenue; left on Bell Street, right on Marconi Avenue, right on Watt Avenue and El Camino Avenue.
Route 26 (northbound) will detour via Fulton Avenue; left on Alta Arden, right on Howe Avenue, right on El Camino Avenue, left on Bell Street, right on Marconi Avenue and left on Fulton Avenue. Route 26 (southbound) will detour via: Fulton Avenue; right on Marconi Avenue, left on Bell Street, right on El Camino Avenue, left on Howe Avenue, left on Alta Arden and right on Fulton Avenue.
Route 56 (inbound) will detour via: Rush River Drive; right on Desertwind Way, left on Sunwind Way, right on Highwind Way, left on Delta Wind Drive and left on Rush River Drive.
- A Portion of Roseville Road Over Arcade Creek will be Closed from May 2015 through December 2015 Due to the City of Sacramento's Bridge Replacement Project
Roseville Road, including approximately one half mile north of the intersection of Connie Way, will be closed to all thru traffic. RT's park-and-ride lots will be open, but the bridge construction may cause traffic issues getting to the entrances. For detours and maps, visit: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/engineering-services/projects/current-projects/roseville-rd-bridge
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday through September 24, 2015, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Effective Monday, March 9, 2015 for Approximately Six Weeks, 5th Street between J and L Streets will be Closed Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Due to Construction. During the Closure, Routes 30 and 38 Will be Detoured
Construction activities related to the downtown Entertainment and Sports Center will require a complete closure of 5th Street between J and L streets every weekday evening from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. During the closure, Route 30 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street, right on J Street and left on 5th Street. Route 38 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street. No bus stops will be missed.
- Effective Monday, February 9 at 7 a.m. for Several Weeks, There will be Detours on Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 in Downtown Sacramento Due to Construction Activity on 7th Street
7th Street between J Street and Capitol Mall will be closed for approximately two weeks due to a sewer pipe replacement project. During the closure, Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 will detour via 7th Street; left on H Street, right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 15 will detour via J Street; right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 29 will detour via I Street; left on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or