||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 2, 6, 11, 34 and 51 on Wednesday, April 22, 2015, from 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Due to the City of Sacramento's Earth Day Celebration
On Wednesday, April 22, 9th Street between I and J streets will be closed. During the closure, Routes 2, 6, 11, 34 and 51 will detour via 7th Street; left on J Street and right on 9th Street.
- Detour on Route 38 (to River Oaks) on Saturday, April 25, 2015, from 5 a.m. until 1 p.m. Due to the Annual March for Babies
On Saturday, April 25, 10th Street will be closed between L and N streets. During the closure, Route 38 (to River Oaks) will detour via 10th Street; right on N Street, left on 16th Street and left on L Street. In addition, there will be rolling road closures that may affect Routes 11, 15, 30, 38, 51, 62, 86 and 88 schedules in the downtown area.
- Detour on Route 56 (Outbound) on Saturday, April 18, 2015, from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. Due to Construction on Greenhaven Drive
On Saturday, April 18, southbound Greenhaven Drive between Rush River Drive and Pocket Road will be closed for water/sewer line construction. During the closure, Route 56 (outbound) will detour via Rush River Drive; right on Lake Front Drive, left on East Shore Drive and left on Pocket Road. Only the bus stop on Greenhaven Drive at Rush River Drive will be missed.
- Effective Monday, March 9, 2015 for Approximately Six Weeks, 5th Street between J and L Streets will be Closed Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Due to Construction. During the Closure, Routes 30 and 38 Will be Detoured
Construction activities related to the downtown Entertainment and Sports Center will require a complete closure of 5th Street between J and L streets every weekday evening from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. During the closure, Route 30 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street, right on J Street and left on 5th Street. Route 38 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street. No bus stops will be missed.
- Effective Wednesday, March 4, 2015, Route 75 will be Detoured for Several Weeks Due to Construction Activity on Schirra Avenue
Schirra Avenue between Bleckeley and Femoyer streets will be closed for construction. During the closure, Route 75 wil detour via Bleckeley Street; left on Armstrong Avenue and right on Femoyer Street. The bus stop located on Femoyer Street at Schirra Avenue will be temporarily closed during the detour.
- Effective Monday, February 9 at 7 a.m. for Several Weeks, There will be Detours on Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 in Downtown Sacramento Due to Construction Activity on 7th Street
7th Street between J Street and Capitol Mall will be closed for approximately two weeks due to a sewer pipe replacement project. During the closure, Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 will detour via 7th Street; left on H Street, right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 15 will detour via J Street; right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 29 will detour via I Street; left on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
- Cosumnes River College Transit Center to be Relocated Effective Monday, December 23, 2013
Effective Monday, December 23, RT will temporarily move the bus stop located at the Cosumnes River College east entrance off of Bruceville Road to the south entrance off of Calvine Road.
The east entrance will be closed due to construction-related activities for the Blue Line to Cosumnes River College light rail extension.
Bus arrival and departure times will remain the same for Routes 54, 55 and 56.
The Cosumnes River College Transit Center is expected to reopen at the east entrance in September 2015.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or