Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Saturday, July 23, 2016, Due to the 3rd Annual Lunar Lunacy Event in Downtown Sacramento
On Saturday, July 23, Capitol Mall between 3rd and 5th streets, and 5th and 7th streets will be closed. During the closure, Route 11 (inbound), 62 (inbound), 86 (outbound) and 88 (outbound) will detour from 4 p.m. to midnight via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street and left on L Street. Route 30 (inbound) will detour from 4 p.m. to midnight via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street. Route 38 (to River oaks) will detour from 4 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and left on 3rd Street. Route 38 (to University/65th Street) will detour from 8:45 p.m. to 11 p.m. via 5th Street; right on N Street, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at Richards Boulevard (Eastbound) and Dos Rios Street (Bus Stop 536) from Wednesday, July 13 through Saturday, August 6, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Affecting Routes 15 and 33 Due to PG&E Construction Activity
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at 7th and G Streets Affecting Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 Due to Construction Activity
The bus stop at 7th and G streets will be closed for several months. Passengers should board and exit buses at the bus stop located on 7th and H streets (one block away).
- From Friday, July 8 through Sunday, July 24, 2016, Routes 67 and 68 will serve the Cal Expo main gate bus stop during the California State Fair. For route and schedule information, visit sacrt.com.
- Replacement Vehicles Being Used Due to A/C Malfunctions on North Natomas Flyer Shuttles
Effective Wednesday, June 29, 2016, RT big buses and smaller “neighborhood” shuttles will be used to transport North Natomas Flyer passengers, instead of the “Flyer” branded shuttles. This will continue for any afternoon when the temperatures reach 100 degrees or higher.
Be alert and look for your route number displayed on approaching buses while waiting at your stop. The RT Tracker and text alerts will continue to work.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at 29th and R Streets Due to Construction Activity for the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
Route 38, 67 and 68 passengers will need to board buses one block north next to the Department of Human Assistance.
- Temporary Closure of the 7th & Capitol Station - Monday, May 9, 2016 through Friday, September 16, 2016
RT will begin Phase 1 of a systemwide station improvement project on Monday, May 9, with construction to revitalize three light rail stations in downtown Sacramento. The stations slated for improvements are the 7th & Capitol, 8th & K and St. Rose of Lima Park (9th & K) stations. The construction is scheduled to be complete in September 2016. The 7th & Capitol Station will be closed for approximately four months before a grand re-opening in September 2016. Passengers are encouraged to use the St. Rose of Lima Park (7th & K) or 8th & O light rail stations as alternatives.
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday From May 5 through September 29, 2016, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Possible Service Delays on Routes 26, 38, 61, 65, 81, 82 and 87 at the University/65th Street Transit Center Starting on Monday, April 18 through August 2016
In preparation for construction of two hotels near the University/65th Street Station, work will begin on median and sidewalk improvements starting on Monday, April 18 that will cause lane closures on 65th Street. The lane closures may cause minor bus service delays to and from the University/65th Street Station.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or