- Bus Stop 3184 Closure - Monday June 26 and Tuesday, June 27, on Howe Ave (southbound), south of Wyda Way, affecting Route 87
On Monday, June 26 and Tuesday, June 27, Bus Stop 3184 on Howe Ave (southound), south of Wyda Way will be closed from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for construction work. This stop serves bus route 87
- Bus Stop at 9th and K Street will be closed from Monday, June 19 through November 22, 2017
From Monday, June 19 through Wednesday, November 22, 2017, the bus stop at 9th Street and K Street will be closed due to a trenching project on 9th Street. This will also cause Routes 86 and 88 to use the following detour:
From 9th Street, right on L Street, left on 7th Street, left on N Street, left on 10th Street, left on L Street, and left on 9th Street.
- Service Disruption - Watt/I-80 Station East Elevator
Due to a hydraulic failure, the Watt/I-80 Station east elevator is out of service. Special shuttles will transport passengers to and from the station to the upper level bus stop on Watt Avenue. The west elevator is operational.
- 5th Street Closure between J Street and L Street, May 8 through July 3, 2017
Beginning Monday, May 8, 2017, 5th Street will be closed between J Street and L Street due to construction. The bus stops at 5th Street and J Street; and 5th Street and L Street will be inaccessible at this time. Please use the bus stop at Capitol Mall and 8th Street; or L Street and 4th Street.
Route 30 will use the following detour: from Capitol and 7th Street, bus will turn-around back onto Capitol, left on 8th, Street, left on I Street, right on 5th Street to the regular route.
Route 38 will use the following detour: from 5th Street, left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street.
- Louis Orlando Transit Center Temporary Closure Effective Monday, May 8, 2017
RT Route 21, 93 and 103 Passengers
Beginning May 8 through mid-September 2017, the Louis Orlando Transit Center will be temporarily closed for construction.
During construction Roseville Transit, Sacramento Regional Transit and Placer County Transit buses will temporarily pick up at Auburn Boulevard before Auburn Oaks Court and Twin Oaks Avenue. Route schedules will remain the same.
- Covered passenger boarding areas, with better ADA access, seating, enhanced lighting, and security cameras
- Improved bus loading spaces
- Landscaped public park-and-ride lot, with 44 spaces and electric vehicle charging stations
- Bike lockers and racks
Construction costs are approximately $3.65 million, funded by federal and state grants.
- Downtown Farmers Market Detours Every Thursday from May through September
On Thursday, May 4, the Capitol Mall Farmers Market will begin. This farmerís market will occur every Thursday from May through September. Capitol Mall between 5th Street and 7th Street will be closed from 9 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Light rail will not be affected. Buses will be allowed on Capitol Mall westbound to 6th Street. Bus Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86, and 88 will travel from Capitol Mall, right on 6th Street, and left on L Street.
- Message Regarding Commute Time Trains
RT has received comments regarding short trains during commute hours. Unfortunately, RT has been struggling for some time now to meet our commute time peak vehicle requirement of 4-car trains (3-cars for VTA trains). A major part of our fleet, the Siemens light rail vehicles, reach the end of their 30-year useful life in March of this year. We realize that this causes crowding and while "standing room only" trips are common and considered normal during commute times for transit systems around the country, we certainly want to operate the design capacity of the system. A 30-year-old vehicle with several million miles of service, has more issues requiring maintenance and are less reliable overall. Staff is working diligently to repair and return vehicles to service as quickly as possible, but the real solution is to replace our aging fleet as they reach the end of their 30 year life. This will require a major financial commitment on the part of the community in order to fund light rail vehicle replacement and other state of good repair projects for RT's aging system. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.
- During major Golden 1 Center events, RT Routes 11, 15, 30, 38, 51, 62, 86 and 88 may have to detour based on traffic conditions and road closures with little or no notice.
- Bus Stop 3179 on Howe Ave southbound at Marconi Ave on Route 87 will be closed until further notice due to construction
- Rider Alert: 7th & K Station will permanently close effective (end of service day) on Friday, September 30, 2016.
- RT Bus Service Disruptions
RT's bus service from time to time can be delayed by traffic congestion and other non-related RT events, with little or no notice, that may affect service. As part of a disruption, RT bus stops may be affected as well.
In order to help our customers get the most up-to-date information, we suggest checking real-time bus information through RT's mobile website at m.sacrt.com. Customers can also create an account for RT Tracker, to have personalized bus arrival times emailed directly at www.sacrt.com/tracker1.stm.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or