||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Route 62 on Friday, August 21, and Monday, August 24 through Wednesday, August 26, 2015 Due to a Water Line Replacement
On Friday, August 21, and on Monday, August 24 through Wednesday, August 26 Freeport Boulevard will be closed at 4th Avenue (at the railroad tracks) from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the closure, Route 62 (inbound) will detour via Freeport Boulevard; left on Vallejo Way, right on Land Park Drive, right on 2nd Avenue and left on 21st Street. Route 62 (outbound) will detour via 21st Street; right on 2nd Avenue, left on Land Park Drive, left on Vallejo Way and right on Freeport Boulevard. Temporary bus stops have been placed on 2nd Avenue (westbound) at 21st Street and on Vallejo Way at Freeport Boulevard.
- Attention Route 54, 55 and 56 Riders
Effective Saturday, August 22, 2015, bus service to the south entrance of Cosumnes River College will be discontinued. Bus service will instead be relocated to the new Cosumnes River College Transit Center located at the east entrance (at Bruceville Road). The move will provide convenient connections to the new Blue Line to Cosumnes River College light rail extension, which will open for service on Monday, August 24, 2015.
- Detour on Routes 38, 67 and 68 from Monday, August 17 through Friday, August 21, 2015, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Due to Construction Activity
Beginning on Monday, August 17 through Friday, August 21, T Street between 30th Street and Alhambra Boulevard will be closed due to repair work to the sidewalk. During the closure Route 38 will detour via T Street; left on 30th Street, right on S Street, right on 34th Street and left on T Street.
Route 67 will detour via T Street; left on 30th Street, right on S Street, right on 32nd Street, right on T Street and left on Alhambra Boulevard.
Route 68 will detour via T Street; left on 30th Street, right on S Street and right on 34th Street.
- Detours at City College Due to Construction Activity from Monday, August 3 through Monday, August 24 in the Bus Loop
Due to construction work at City College, 24th Street will be closed. The bus loop and access north of the bus loop will be closed to vehicle traffic from 24th Street to the City College parking structure for approximately two weeks. Pedestrian traffic will be rerouted via ADA compliant temporary ramps during the construction.
- Effective July 15, 2015, the RT bus stop located at southbound Watt Avenue and Chenu Avenue will be closed intermittently on weekdays due to construction work for two months. Passengers will need to board buses at El Camino or Marconi Avenue instead.
- A Portion of Roseville Road Over Arcade Creek will be Closed from May 2015 through December 2015 Due to the City of Sacramento's Bridge Replacement Project
Roseville Road, including approximately one half mile north of the intersection of Connie Way, will be closed to all thru traffic. RT's park-and-ride lots will be open, but the bridge construction may cause traffic issues getting to the entrances. For detours and maps, visit: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/engineering-services/projects/current-projects/roseville-rd-bridge
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday through September 24, 2015, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or