Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 30, 38, 86 and 88 on Sunday, September 11, 2016, Due to the Annual Run To Remember
On Sunday, September 11, Capitol Mall will be closed from 3rd Street to 7th Street from 5:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. During the closure, Route 30 (inbound) will detour via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street.
Route 38 (to River Oaks) will detour via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, right on P Street and left on 3rd Street. Route 38 (to University/65th Street) will detour via 5th Street; right on N Street, left on 8th Street, left on L Street and right on 5th Street.
Route 86 (outbound) and Route 88 (outbound) will detour via Capitol Mall; left on 7th Street, left on Capitol Mall, left on 8th Street and left on L Street.
- Detour on Route 5 on Friday, September 9, 2016, Due to Florin High School's Annual Homecoming Parade
Due to traffic and road closures on Elsie Avenue and Cottonwood Lane during the parade, Route 5 will detour from 2:30 p.m. to 3:10 p.m. During the closure, Route 5 (outbound) will detour via Elsie Avenue; left on Wilbur Way, and right on Carbide Court. Then the Route 5 (inbound) trip from Carbide Court at 2:41 p.m. will detour via Carbide Court; left on Wilbur Way and right on Elsie Avenue. Only the 2:16 trip from the Meadowview Station and the 240 p.m. trip from Florin High School will be affected.
- Detour on Routes 23 and 25 on Saturday, August 27, 2016 Due to Road Construction
On Saturday, August 27, road repair will close the intersection of Fair Oaks Boulevard/Manzanita Avenue (except for one southbound lane) from 6 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. During the closure Route 23 (inbound) will detour via Fair Oaks Boulevard; left on California Avenue, right on Sutter Avenue and left on Fair Oaks Boulevard. Route 23 (outbound) will detour via Fair Oaks Boulevard); right on Sutter Avenue, left on California Avenue and right on Fair Oaks Boulevard.
Route 25 (outbound) will detour via Fair Oaks Boulevard; right on Sutter Avenue, left on California Avenue, left on Lincoln Avenue and and right on Manzanita Avenue. Route 25 (inbound) will not be affected.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at Grove Avenue and Traction Avenue (Bus Stop 829) Affecting Route 19 (inbound) Due to Road Work on Traction Avenue
Starting on Monday, August 15, 2016 through Friday, September 30, 2016, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Monday - Friday) Route 19 (inbound) will be detoured via Grove Avenue; right on West El Camino Avenue, left on Colfax Street and right on Arden Way.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at 7th and G Streets Affecting Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 Due to Construction Activity
The bus stop at 7th and G streets will be closed for several months. Passengers should board and exit buses at the bus stop located on 7th and H streets (one block away).
- Replacement Vehicles Being Used Due to A/C Malfunctions on North Natomas Flyer Shuttles
Effective Wednesday, June 29, 2016, RT big buses and smaller “neighborhood” shuttles will be used to transport North Natomas Flyer passengers, instead of the “Flyer” branded shuttles. This will continue for any afternoon when the temperatures reach 100 degrees or higher.
Be alert and look for your route number displayed on approaching buses while waiting at your stop. The RT Tracker and text alerts will continue to work.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at 29th and R Streets Due to Construction Activity for the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
Route 38, 67 and 68 passengers will need to board buses one block north next to the Department of Human Assistance.
- Temporary Closure of the 7th & Capitol Station - Monday, May 9, 2016 through Friday, September 16, 2016
RT will begin Phase 1 of a systemwide station improvement project on Monday, May 9, with construction to revitalize three light rail stations in downtown Sacramento. The stations slated for improvements are the 7th & Capitol, 8th & K and St. Rose of Lima Park (9th & K) stations. The construction is scheduled to be complete in September 2016. The 7th & Capitol Station will be closed for approximately four months before a grand re-opening in September 2016. Passengers are encouraged to use the St. Rose of Lima Park (7th & K) or 8th & O light rail stations as alternatives.
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday From May 5 through September 29, 2016, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Possible Service Delays on Routes 26, 38, 61, 65, 81, 82 and 87 at the University/65th Street Transit Center Starting on Monday, April 18 through August 2016
In preparation for construction of two hotels near the University/65th Street Station, work will begin on median and sidewalk improvements starting on Monday, April 18 that will cause lane closures on 65th Street. The lane closures may cause minor bus service delays to and from the University/65th Street Station.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or