||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 19 and 80 on Monday, May 25, 2015, from 9 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. Due to the 49th Annual North Highlands Memorial Day Parade
During the parade, traffic on southbound Watt Avenue will be moved to northbound Watt Avenue. Routes 19 and 80 will have to pick up and drop off passengers north of I Street and Bolivar Avenue, and/or south of James Way and A Street, with no stops in between. Traffic on northbound Watt Avenue will not be affected.
- A Portion of Roseville Road Over Arcade Creek will be Closed from May 2015 through December 2015 Due to the City of Sacramento's Bridge Replacement Project
Roseville Road, including approximately one half mile north of the intersection of Connie Way, will be closed to all thru traffic. RT's park-and-ride lots will be open, but the bridge construction may cause traffic issues getting to the entrances. For detours and maps, visit: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/engineering-services/projects/current-projects/roseville-rd-bridge
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday from May 7 through September 24, 2015, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Effective Sunday, May 3, 2015, RT will Begin Light Rail Maintenance Activity on the Blue Line and Gold Line that Requires Rail Grinding
Rail grinding will take place at night to minimize service disruptions on the following schedule:
Gold Line: Sunday, May 3, 2015 through Friday, May 22, 2015
Blue Line: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 through Saturday, May 30, 2015
Friday through Sunday: 9:30 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.
Monday through Thursday: 8:30 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.
Work on the Gold Line will occur between Alhambra Boulevard and the University/65th Street light rail station. Work will also take place at various other rail segments between Butterfield Road and the Historic Folsom light rail station.
Rail grinding will also take place on the the new Blue Line to Cosumnes River College light rail extension, south of the Meadowview light rail station from Monday, May 26 through Friday, May 29 from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Rail grinding prevents wear and tear on light rail vehicle wheels, lessens noise, and provides a smoother ride for passengers.
- Effective Monday, March 9, 2015 for Approximately Six Weeks, 5th Street between J and L Streets will be Closed Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Due to Construction. During the Closure, Routes 30 and 38 Will be Detoured
Construction activities related to the downtown Entertainment and Sports Center will require a complete closure of 5th Street between J and L streets every weekday evening from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. During the closure, Route 30 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street, right on J Street and left on 5th Street. Route 38 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street. No bus stops will be missed.
- Effective Monday, February 9 at 7 a.m. for Several Weeks, There will be Detours on Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 in Downtown Sacramento Due to Construction Activity on 7th Street
7th Street between J Street and Capitol Mall will be closed for approximately two weeks due to a sewer pipe replacement project. During the closure, Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 will detour via 7th Street; left on H Street, right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 15 will detour via J Street; right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 29 will detour via I Street; left on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or