Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure on Route 29 at 12th Street and North B Street from Monday, June 27, 2016 through Wednesday, July 13, 2016 Due to PG&E Construction
From June 27 through July 13, a section of 12th Street at North B Street will be closed for construction. During the construction, Route 29 (inbound) will not stop at Bus Stop #1133.
- Temporary Bus Stop Closure at 29th and R Streets Due to Construction Activity for the Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op
Route 38, 67 and 68 passengers will need to board buses one block north next to the Department of Human Assistance.
- Temporary Closure of the 7th & Capitol Station - Monday, May 9, 2016 through Friday, September 16, 2016
RT will begin Phase 1 of a systemwide station improvement project on Monday, May 9, with construction to revitalize three light rail stations in downtown Sacramento. The stations slated for improvements are the 7th & Capitol, 8th & K and St. Rose of Lima Park (9th & K) stations. The construction is scheduled to be complete in September 2016. The 7th & Capitol Station will be closed for approximately four months before a grand re-opening in September 2016. Passengers are encouraged to use the St. Rose of Lima Park (7th & K) or 8th & O light rail stations as alternatives.
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday From May 5 through September 29, 2016, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Possible Service Delays on Routes 26, 38, 61, 65, 81, 82 and 87 at the University/65th Street Transit Center Starting on Monday, April 18 through August 2016
In preparation for construction of two hotels near the University/65th Street Station, work will begin on median and sidewalk improvements starting on Monday, April 18 that will cause lane closures on 65th Street. The lane closures may cause minor bus service delays to and from the University/65th Street Station.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or