||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Route 6 from Friday, March 27 through Monday, March 30, 2015, Due to Construction Activities
Starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 27 through Monday, March 30, 16th Street at R Street will be closed for construction. During the closure, Route 6 (inbound) will detour via 16th Street; left on S Street, right on 14th Street, right on Q Street and left on 16th Street. The bus stop at 16th and R streets will be missed.
- Effective Monday, March 9, 2015 for Approximately Six Weeks, 5th Street between J and L Streets will be Closed Monday through Friday from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Due to Construction. During the Closure, Routes 30 and 38 Will be Detoured
Construction activities related to the downtown Entertainment and Sports Center will require a complete closure of 5th Street between J and L streets every weekday evening from 8 p.m. through 5 a.m. During the closure, Route 30 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street, right on J Street and left on 5th Street. Route 38 will detour via 5th Street; left on L Street, right on 3rd Street and right on J Street. No bus stops will be missed.
- Effective Wednesday, March 4, 2015, Route 75 will be Detoured for Several Weeks Due to Construction Activity on Schirra Avenue
Schirra Avenue between Bleckeley and Femoyer streets will be closed for construction. During the closure, Route 75 wil detour via Bleckeley Street; left on Armstrong Avenue and right on Femoyer Street. The bus stop located on Femoyer Street at Schirra Avenue will be temporarily closed during the detour.
- Effective Monday, February 9 at 7 a.m. for Several Weeks, There will be Detours on Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 in Downtown Sacramento Due to Construction Activity on 7th Street
7th Street between J Street and Capitol Mall will be closed for approximately two weeks due to a sewer pipe replacement project. During the closure, Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 34, 51 and 109 will detour via 7th Street; left on H Street, right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 15 will detour via J Street; right on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
Route 29 will detour via I Street; left on 9th Street, right on Capitol Mall and left on 7th Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
- Cosumnes River College Transit Center to be Relocated Effective Monday, December 23, 2013
Effective Monday, December 23, RT will temporarily move the bus stop located at the Cosumnes River College east entrance off of Bruceville Road to the south entrance off of Calvine Road.
The east entrance will be closed due to construction-related activities for the Blue Line to Cosumnes River College light rail extension.
Bus arrival and departure times will remain the same for Routes 54, 55 and 56.
The Cosumnes River College Transit Center is expected to reopen at the east entrance in September 2015.
RT makes special efforts to provide
timely information to our customers including updates through our call
center and web site. Updated information will be posted to the web site (www.sacrt.com)
and through our
call center 321-BUSS (2877) on a regular basis.