||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Route 6 on Wednesday, October 14, 2015, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Due to Construction on Havenhurst Drive
On Wednesday, October 14, Havenhurst Drive will be closed for slurry sealing. During the closure, Route 6 (inbound) will detour via Greenhaven Drive; right on Florin Road, left on South Land Park Drive and left on 13th Street. Route 6 (outbound) will detour via 13th Street; right on South Land Park Drive, right on Florin Road and left on Greenhaven Drive.
- Detour on Route 95 Monday, October 12, 2015 through Wednesday, October 14, 2015, from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
On Monday, October 12, through Wednesday, October 14, northbound Fountain Square Drive will be closed from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction work. During the closure, Route 95 (outbound) will detour via Greenback Lane, right on San Juan Avenue, which becomes Sylvan, left on Stock Ranch Avenue, go around the traffic circle and on to Fountain Square Drive, left on Greenback Lane, and L-San Juan which becomes Sylvan.
- Detour on Route 47 from Monday, October 12, 2015 through Friday October 16, 2015
On Monday, October 12 through Friday October 16, 25th Street between 24th Street and Florin Road will be closed. During the closure Route 47 will detour via 24th Street, left on the second 24th Street Bypass, and right on 24th Street.
- Temporary light rail station closure - 8th & O Station (inbound to downtown side only) - effective 7 p.m. on Friday, October 16, 2015, to 4 a.m. on Monday, October 19, 2015, due City of Sacramento construction.
Trains will stop at the station, but passengers will not be allowed to board or exit the train. Passengers should use the 8th & Capitol or Archives Plaza light rail stations during the service disrupton. The City of Sacramento is excavating and replacing concrete in the station platform area.
- Temporary light rail station closure - Archives Plaza (eastbound) Station on Wednesday, October 28, 2015, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Due to the California Museumís 9th Annual California Hall of Fame Event
On Wednesday, October 28, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., the Archives Plaza (eastbound) light rail station will be closed. Light rail trains will stop at the station, but no passengers will be allowed to board or exit the train. Passengers should board light rail trains at the 8th & O light rail station instead.
- Attention Route 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109 riders, the bus stops located at 7th Street at H Street, and 7th Street between I and J streets will reopen on Sunday, October 11, 2015.
Effective Sunday, October 11, 2015, the bus stops located on 7th Street at H Street, and 7th Street between I and J streets will reopen to serve Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109. Service to the temporary bus stop located on H Street between 7th and 8th streets will be discontinued. The bus stop located on 7th Street at K Street has been permanently closed.
Passengers will need to board and exit at the 7th Street bus stops instead of the bus stops located on H Street between 7th and 8th streets, 9th and I streets, 9th and K streets, 9th and L streets, and Capitol Mall between 7th and 8th streets, which will no longer be served by Routes 2, 3, 6, 7, 11, 15, 29, 34, 51 and 109.
- A Portion of Roseville Road Over Arcade Creek will be Closed from May 2015 through December 2015 Due to the City of Sacramento's Bridge Replacement Project
Roseville Road, including approximately one half mile north of the intersection of Connie Way, will be closed to all thru traffic. RT's park-and-ride lots will be open, but the bridge construction may cause traffic issues getting to the entrances. For detours and maps, visit: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/public-works/engineering-services/projects/current-projects/roseville-rd-bridge
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday through September 24, 2015, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or