||Major Bus and
Light Rail Disruptions
Major Service Disruptions
- Detour on Routes 19 and 80 on Monday, May 30, 2016 from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Due to the North Highlands Memorial Day Parade
On Monday, May 30, traffic on Watt Avenue between I Street and Bolivar Avenue, and James Way and A Street will be re-directed. During the road closure, Route 19 and 80 on Watt Avenue (southbound) will have to pick up and drop off passengers north of I Street and Bolivar Avenue, or south of James Way and A Street with no stops in between. Traffic on Watt Avenue (northbound) will not be affected.
- Detour on Route 38 on Thursday, May 26, 2016, from 1:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Due to the Niello BMW Corporate Run/Walk
On Thursday, May 26 Capitol Mall from 3rd Street to 4th Street will be closed. During the closure Route 38 (to River Oaks) will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 5th Street, left on L Street and left on 3rd Street.
- Temporary Closure of the 7th & Capitol Station - Monday, May 9, 2016 through Friday, September 16, 2016
RT will begin Phase 1 of a systemwide station improvement project on Monday, May 9, with construction to revitalize three light rail stations in downtown Sacramento. The stations slated for improvements are the 7th & Capitol, 8th & K and St. Rose of Lima Park (9th & K) stations. The construction is scheduled to be complete in September 2016. The 7th & Capitol Station will be closed for approximately four months before a grand re-opening in September 2016. Passengers are encouraged to use the St. Rose of Lima Park (7th & K) or 8th & O light rail stations as alternatives.
- Detour on Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 on Capitol Mall Every Thursday From May 5 through September 29, 2016, for the Weekly Certified Farmers Market
Capitol Mall between 5th and 6th streets will be closed every Thursday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. for the weekly Certified Farmers Market. During the closure, Routes 11, 30, 38, 62, 86 and 88 will detour via Capitol Mall; right on 6th Street and left on L Street.
- Possible Service Delays on Routes 26, 38, 61, 65, 81, 82 and 87 at the University/65th Street Transit Center Starting on Monday, April 18 through August 2016
In preparation for construction of two hotels near the University/65th Street Station, work will begin on median and sidewalk improvements starting on Monday, April 18 that will cause lane closures on 65th Street. The lane closures may cause minor bus service delays to and from the University/65th Street Station.
- Payphones at RT light rail stations will be removed, due to lack of use and cost of operation and maintenance.
RT will make every effort to provide
timely information on bus and light rail service disruptions
that may affect your trip. However, due to unforseen
circumstances, information may change quickly without advance
notice. Service disruption information will also be posted on
Twitter (@RideSacRT) and Facebook (facebook/SacramentoRT), or
you can access information via RT's mobile web app at
which can be accessed on your smart phone, tablet or